Homemade Crispy Hash Browns
Prepare the perfect crispy hash browns right at home with our detailed step-by-step recipe. Great for breakfast or as a side dish to a main course.
- 4 medium potatoes,
- 1 small onion,
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) of vegetable oil
Recipe Difficulty: Easy
How to Make Homemade Crispy Hash Browns
- Prepare the potatoes: Grate the potatoes. Place the grated potatoes in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze well to remove excess moisture. This will help make the hash browns crispier.
- Prepare the onion: Grate the onion and add it to the potatoes.
- Mix the ingredients: Add the salt and pepper to the potatoes and onion. Mix well.
- Frying: Heat a pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the potato mixture, forming patties. Fry each side until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serving: Serve the hash browns hot. They pair well with eggs and bacon for breakfast or can be a great side dish to a main course.
Enjoy your meal!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 2 g
Add a review