Baked Pasta Casserole with Tuna
Baked pasta casserole with tuna - a light and delicious recipe that can be prepared in just 30-35 minutes. This dish combines a flavorful filling of canned tuna, onions, and garlic with tender pasta, baked together with a creamy sauce made from eggs and cream. Layers of pasta and filling are topped with grated cheese that becomes golden and appetizing during baking. This recipe is perfect for those seeking a simple and tasty meal for lunch or dinner. Each serving of this casserole contains approximately 400-450 calories and is rich in protein.
- 200 grams of thin pasta (such as spaghetti or any other thin pasta),
- 1 can of tuna in its own juice (about 150 grams),
- 1 small onion,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 150 grams of hard cheese (mozzarella or cheddar works best),
- 3 eggs,
- 200 ml of cream (20% fat),
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil,
- Salt, pepper, dried herbs to taste (such as basil, oregano)
How to Make Baked Pasta Casserole with Tuna
Step 1: Prepare the filling
- Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add vegetable oil, and sauté the onion and garlic until softened and lightly golden.
- Open the can of tuna, drain any excess liquid, and add the tuna to the pan with the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
Step 2: Prepare the sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with the cream. Add salt, pepper, and any desired dried herbs. Whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
Step 3: Assembling the casserole
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (follow the instructions on the package). Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Grease a baking dish with vegetable oil or line it with parchment paper. Spread half of the cooked pasta evenly on the bottom of the dish.
- Spread the tuna filling evenly over the layer of pasta.
- Sprinkle half of the grated hard cheese over the filling.
- Cover the filling with the remaining cooked pasta.
- Repeat the process, adding the remaining filling and grated cheese.
- Before pouring the sauce over the casserole, ensure that the layers of pasta and filling are evenly distributed.
- Carefully pour the prepared egg and cream sauce over the entire surface of the casserole.
- Place the baking dish with the casserole in the preheated oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the casserole is golden brown and puffed up.
- Once the casserole is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Slice the baked pasta casserole into pieces and serve hot.
There you have it—your delicious baked pasta casserole with tuna! Enjoy your meal!
Nutritional value (approximately per serving, assuming 4 servings):
- Calories: around 400-450 kcal
- Protein: about 20 g
- Fat: about 20 g
- Carbohydrates: about 35 g
Please note that nutritional values may vary depending on specific brands and quantities of ingredients used.