Cheese Sauce for Pasta
Explore a concise step-by-step recipe for making cheese sauce for pasta. This easy-to-follow recipe will help you create a delicious sauce that pairs perfectly with pasta. Follow the instructions and enjoy the taste of cheese and the creamy texture of this sauce, which will be a great addition to your favorite pasta dishes.
- 2 tablespoons of butter,
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour,
- 2 cups of milk,
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (such as cheddar or Gouda),
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Cheese Sauce for Pasta
Step 1: Making the sauce
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir well to form a smooth paste.
- Gradually pour in the milk while stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Continue cooking the sauce over medium heat, stirring, until it thickens and becomes creamy.
- Once thickened, add the shredded cheese, gradually adding it to the sauce and stirring until the cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
Step 2: Serving
Pour the prepared cheese sauce over freshly cooked pasta and toss until the sauce evenly coats the pasta.
Enjoy your meal!
The nutritional values of cheese sauce for pasta can vary depending on the specific ingredients and proportions used. However, as a general guideline, here is an approximate nutritional value per 100 grams of sauce:
- - Calories: around 250-300 kcal
- - Protein: about 10-15 grams
- - Fat: about 15-20 grams
- - Carbohydrates: about 15-20 grams
- - Vitamins and minerals: vary depending on the ingredients, but typically include calcium from the cheese and some vitamins from the milk and butter.
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on the specific recipe and ingredients used.