Chanakhi is a delicious and hearty dish from Georgia, traditionally made with lamb, but we offer a version with pork. The meat, fried vegetables, and spices are baked in clay pots, giving the dish a unique taste and aroma.
- Pork - 500 g,
- Potatoes - 500 g,
- Onions - 2 pcs.,
- Carrot - 1 pc.,
- Eggplant - 1 pc.,
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.,
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Spices (hops-suneli, coriander, black pepper) - to taste,
- Salt - to taste,
- Vegetable oil - for frying,
- Herbs (cilantro, dill) - for serving
2h 0m cooking
Recipe Difficulty: Medium
How to Make Pork Chanakhi
- Cut the pork into small pieces. Fry the meat in vegetable oil until it has a golden crust.
- Cut the onions into half rings, and the carrot into strips. Fry the vegetables until they are soft in the same oil in which the meat was fried.
- Cut the eggplant and potatoes into cubes, and the tomatoes into slices. Mince the garlic.
- Layer the meat, fried onions and carrots, potatoes, eggplants, and tomatoes in clay pots or a pot. Add salt, pepper, spices, and garlic.
- Pour a small amount of water or broth over everything to prevent the dish from being dry.
- Cover the pots with lids or the pot with foil and put it in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees Celsius, for 1-1.5 hours.
- Serve the chanakhi hot, sprinkled with herbs.
Enjoy your meal!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 550 kcal
- Proteins: 35 g
- Fats: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
Add a review