Gedlibzhe - Chicken Stewed in Sour Cream
Gedlibzhe is a delicious and hearty dish of chicken stewed in sour cream. This recipe includes detailed instructions for preparation, from cutting the chicken to serving the dish. Serve Gedlibzhe with greens and your favorite side dishes.
- Chicken - 1 piece (about 1.5 kg),
- Sour cream - 200 g,
- Onion - 2 pcs.,
- Carrot - 1 pc.,
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves,
- Salt - to taste,
- Black pepper - to taste,
- Vegetable oil - for frying,
- Greens (dill, parsley) - for serving
How to Make Gedlibzhe - Chicken Stewed in Sour Cream
- Cut the chicken into portioned pieces. If you are using a whole chicken, make sure it is well washed and cleared of innards.
- Slice the onion into half rings, and grate the carrot on a coarse grater.
- On a frying pan with vegetable oil, fry the onion until golden, then add the carrot and continue frying for a few more minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan, salt and pepper to taste. Fry the chicken on each side until golden.
- When the chicken is fried, add the minced garlic and sour cream. Stir all the ingredients so that the sour cream evenly covers the chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stew the chicken under a lid for about 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check the readiness of the chicken - the meat should easily separate from the bone. If the chicken is ready, turn off the heat and let the dish stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve Gedlibzhe with greens and your favorite side dishes.
Enjoy your meal!