Pork and Chicken Aspic
Pork and chicken aspic is a traditional Russian dish served cold. It is slow-cooked, allowing the meat to soak up the flavors and become tender. Perfect for a festive table.
- Pork on the bone - 500 g,
- Chicken - 500 g,
- Carrot - 1 pc.,
- Onion - 1 pc.,
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves,
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.,
- Peppercorns - 10 pcs.,
- Salt - to taste,
- Gelatin - 20 g (or you can use natural gelatin, which is released when boiling meat on the bone),
- Greens for decoration
How to Make Pork and Chicken Aspic
- Preparation of ingredients. Rinse the meat thoroughly, peel the carrot and onion.
- Cooking the broth. Put the meat in a large pot, fill it with water so that it completely covers the meat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a minimum. Cook the meat over low heat for about 2-3 hours. Periodically remove the foam.
- Adding vegetables. After 2-3 hours, add carrot, onion, bay leaf, peppercorns, and salt to the broth. Cook for another 1-2 hours.
- Preparation of gelatin. If you are using gelatin, soak it in a small amount of water 30 minutes before the end of cooking and let it swell.
- Straining the broth. When the meat is ready, remove it from the broth and separate it from the bones. Strain the broth through cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Adding gelatin. If you are using gelatin, add it to the hot broth and stir well until it is completely dissolved.
- Forming the aspic. Cut the meat into small pieces and distribute it into aspic molds. Add minced garlic and greens. Pour the hot broth over the meat.
- Cooling the aspic. Put the aspic molds in the refrigerator for 5-6 hours or overnight to set completely.
- Serving. Before serving, the aspic can be turned out onto a plate and decorated with greens.
Enjoy your meal!
Please note that aspic is a dish that requires time to prepare. Don't rush, let the broth steep well and the meat soak up the flavors. This guarantees a great taste of the finished dish.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Proteins: 20 g
- Fats: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g