Crockpot Italian Chicken
Prepare flavorful Italian chicken at home using a crockpot. This recipe combines tender chicken meat, fresh vegetables, and Italian herbs, all infused with the taste of white wine and tomatoes. Perfect for weekday and weekend dinners.
- Chicken breasts - 4 pcs.,
- Italian herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary) - 2 teaspoons,
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Salt, pepper - to taste,
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons,
- White wine - 1/2 cup,
- Tomatoes in their own juice - 1 can,
- Onion - 1 pc.,
- Carrot - 1 pc.,
- Bell pepper - 1 pc.
How to Make Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cut the onion, carrot, and bell pepper into small pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in the slow cooker and fry the chicken until golden brown on both sides. Remove the chicken and set it aside.
- In the same oil, fry the onion until translucent, then add the carrot and bell pepper. Sauté the vegetables until soft.
- Add minced garlic and Italian herbs, stir and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate a bit, then add the tomatoes in their own juice. Stir all the ingredients.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker, cover with the sauce. Close the lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve the cooked chicken with the sauce, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Protein: 30 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 6 g