Strawberry Ice Cream
Craft delicious strawberry ice cream right at home with our detailed step-by-step guide. Enjoy the fresh taste of summer anytime!
- Strawberries - 500 g,
- Sugar - 200 g,
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon,
- Cream (33-35% fat) - 500 ml,
- Egg yolks - 4 pcs.
How to Make Strawberry Ice Cream
- Preparing strawberry puree: Select fresh and ripe strawberries, cut off the tops and wash thoroughly. Place the strawberries in a blender, add sugar and lemon juice. Blend until pureed.
- Preparing the cream base: Pour the cream into a saucepan and put it on medium heat. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks. When the cream becomes hot but not boiling, slowly introduce them into the yolks, constantly whisking. Then return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Mixing ingredients: Mix the cream base with the strawberry puree. Stir until homogeneous.
- Cooling: Pour the mixture into a container that can be closed and put it in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Freezing: Pour the cooled mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. If you do not have an ice cream maker, you can put the mixture in the freezer and every 30 minutes for the first few hours actively whisk it with a fork to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Serving: Serve the ice cream immediately after freezing if you prefer soft ice cream, or let it freeze in the freezer for a few more hours for a firmer texture.
Enjoy your meal!
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary depending on the specific ingredients used in the recipe.
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Protein: 4 g
- Fat: 22 g
- of which Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- of which Sugars: 30 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 45 mg
- Cholesterol: 165 mg
This ice cream is a source of Vitamin C due to the strawberries. It also contains some amount of Calcium and Iron.