World's Best Lasagna
Dive into the detailed step-by-step recipe of the World's Best Lasagna. This recipe features sweet Italian sausage, lean ground beef, fresh tomatoes, and ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Get ready to savor this Italian classic!
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage,
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef,
- 1/2 cup minced onion,
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed,
- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes,
- 2 cans (6 ounce each) tomato paste,
- 2 cans (6.5 ounce each) canned tomato sauce,
- 1/2 cup water,
- 2 tablespoons white sugar,
- 1,5 teaspoons dried basil leaves,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 2 cups ricotta cheese,
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 teaspoon salt,
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano,
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese,
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
- 12 lasagna noodles,
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make World's Best Lasagna
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer, covered, for about 1.5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining salt, and oregano.
- To assemble, spread 1,5 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1,5 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
The nutritional value per serving of lasagna can vary depending on the specific ingredients used in the recipe. However, on average, one serving of lasagna may contain the following:
- - Calories: 350-450
- - Protein: 20-25g
- - Fat: 15-20g
- - Carbohydrates: 30-40g
- - Fiber: 2-3g
- - Sugar: 5-7g
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary depending on the serving size and specific ingredients you use.