Mushroom Caviar from Champignons
Mushroom caviar made from champignons is a tasty and aromatic appetizer, perfect with bread or main dishes. A simple recipe with step-by-step instructions for home cooking.
- Champignons — 1 kg (2.2 lbs),
- Onions — 2-3 pcs,
- Carrot — 1 pc,
- Garlic — 2-3 cloves,
- Vegetable oil — 3-4 tbsp,
- Salt, pepper — to taste,
- Vinegar — 1 tsp (optional),
- Fresh herbs (dill, parsley) — to taste
How to Make Mushroom Caviar from Champignons
- Preparing the Ingredients
- Peel and finely chop the onions and carrot.
- Clean and chop the champignons.
- Mince the garlic and herbs.
- Sautéing the Vegetables
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep frying pan.
- Sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Add the carrot and sauté with the onions for another 5 minutes.
- Add the champignons and sauté everything together for another 10-15 minutes.
- Cooking the Mushroom Caviar
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, and vinegar (if using).
- Simmer on low heat with the lid on for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced herbs at the end and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Cooling and Serving
- Allow the caviar to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to sterilized jars and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve on bread or as a side dish to main courses.
Mushroom caviar made from champignons is ready! It's a fantastic option for an appetizer or an addition to main dishes. Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Proteins: 4 g
- Fats: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 3 g