Onion Waffles with Zucchini and Cheese on Coconut Flour
This unique recipe for onion waffles with zucchini and cheese on coconut flour is a perfect blend of taste and health. The waffles are tender and flavorful, and thanks to the coconut flour, they're also gluten-free. It's a great option for breakfast or a light dinner, which can be served with sour cream or yogurt.
- 1 large onion,
- 1 medium zucchini,
- 1 cup of coconut flour,
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese (you can use blue cheese for a more distinct flavor if desired),
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper,
- Oil for greasing the waffle iron
How to Make Onion Waffles with Zucchini and Cheese on Coconut Flour
- Chop the onion into small pieces and sauté in a pan until golden. Set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add the eggs, sautéed onion, grated zucchini, and cheese to the bowl. Mix well.
- Heat up the waffle iron and grease it with oil.
- Spoon the batter into the waffle iron and close it. Cook the waffles until golden. The cooking time may vary depending on your waffle iron, but it usually takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the waffles hot. They pair well with sour cream or yogurt.
Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Protein: 10 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 3 g