Cheese Chowder Soup
Cheese Chowder Soup is a hearty, creamy dish that's perfect for dinner on cold days. The soup is made from fresh vegetables, chicken broth, cream, and cheddar cheese, giving it a unique taste and aroma. Ham or bacon adds an extra zest to the dish. Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
- 2 tablespoons of butter,
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped,
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped,
- 2 carrots, finely chopped,
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced,
- 4 tablespoons of flour,
- 1 liter of chicken broth,
- 500 g of potatoes, diced,
- 1 teaspoon of thyme,
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- 2 cups of cream,
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese,
- 200 g of ham or bacon, diced,
- Fresh herbs for serving (parsley, dill)
How to Make Cheese Chowder Soup
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, mix well and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the chicken broth, constantly stirring to avoid lumps. Add the potatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the cream and cheese, stirring until the cheese is completely melted.
- In a separate pan, fry the ham or bacon until crispy. Add to the soup.
- Serve the soup hot, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 450 kcal
- Protein: 20 g
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g