Lahmacun, also known as "Turkish pizza," is a traditional dish consisting of a thin flatbread topped with a layer of minced meat and vegetables. Our step-by-step recipe will help you prepare this delicious and hearty dinner.
For the dough:
- 500 g of flour,
- 200 ml of warm water,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon of dry yeast
For the topping:
- 500 g of minced meat (beef, lamb, or pork),
- 2 large onions,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 2 large tomatoes,
- 1 bell pepper,
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper,
- Salt to taste,
- Herbs (parsley, dill, basil) to taste
How to Make Lahmacun
- First, prepare the dough. Add sugar and yeast to the warm water, stir and leave for 10-15 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Pour the flour into a large bowl, add salt and vegetable oil. Then add the water with yeast and knead the dough. It should be soft and elastic. Leave the dough under a food film for 1-2 hours in a warm place to rise.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the topping. Finely chop the vegetables and herbs, add the minced meat, spices, and salt. Mix well.
- When the dough has risen, divide it into equal parts (about 10-12 pieces). Roll out each part into a very thin flatbread.
- Apply the topping to each flatbread, evenly distributing it over the surface, leaving small edges.
- Bake the lahmacun in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
- Calories: 220 kcal
- Proteins: 10 g
- Fats: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g