Uzbek Shurpa with Tomatoes
Learn how to make traditional Uzbek Shurpa with tomatoes with our detailed step-by-step recipe. This hearty and aromatic soup made from meat and vegetables will be a great addition to your table.
- Beef (or lamb) - 500 g,
- Onion - 2 pcs.,
- Carrot - 2 pcs.,
- Potato - 4 pcs.,
- Tomatoes - 3 pcs.,
- Bell pepper - 2 pcs.,
- Garlic - 3 cloves,
- Greens (dill, parsley) - to taste,
- Salt, spices - to taste
How to Make Uzbek Shurpa with Tomatoes
- Preparation of ingredients. Cut the meat into pieces, the onion into half rings, the carrot into strips, the potato into cubes, the tomatoes into slices, the bell pepper into strips, and finely chop the garlic.
- Cooking the meat. Heat oil in a pot, add the meat and fry until golden brown.
- Adding vegetables. Add onion and carrot to the pot and fry with the meat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Adding water. Pour water into the pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes.
- Adding the rest of the vegetables. Add potato, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, salt, and spices to the pot. Cook for another 20-30 minutes until the vegetables are ready.
- Adding greens. At the end of cooking, add chopped greens to the shurpa, stir and remove from heat.
- Serving. Serve the shurpa hot, if desired, you can add a piece of lemon to each plate.
Enjoy your meal!
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary depending on the serving size and specific ingredients you use.
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Protein: 25 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 5 g