Southern Potato Salad
Southern Potato Salad is a classic dish perfect for picnics, barbecues, or just as a tasty side dish. The combination of boiled potatoes, eggs, onions, mayonnaise, and mustard creates a unique flavor that will delight you and your guests.
- 1 kg of potatoes,
- 4 hard-boiled eggs,
- 1 large onion,
- 2 tablespoons of mustard,
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise,
- 1/4 cup of pickles, finely chopped,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons of dill or green onions, finely chopped
How to Make Southern Potato Salad
- In a large pot, boil the potatoes until they're cooked, about 15-20 minutes. The potatoes should be soft but not overcooked. After boiling, let the potatoes cool, then peel and dice them.
- While the potatoes are boiling, boil the eggs. After boiling, cool them under cold water, then peel and dice them.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped onion and pickles.
- Add the diced potatoes and eggs to the bowl. Mix thoroughly so that all the ingredients are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the salad with dill or green onions before serving. The salad is best served cold.
Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 350 kcal
- Protein: 8 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 3 g