Light Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
This concise recipe provides step-by-step instructions for making light pepperoni pizza muffins. The muffins are made with a simple batter consisting of flour, yogurt, egg, baking powder, salt, and optional dried herbs. Chopped pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese are added to the batter for flavor. The muffins are baked in the oven until golden and risen. They can be served warm or at room temperature, making them versatile for parties, picnics, or as a tasty accompaniment to salads or soups. Optional garnishes include fresh herbs or grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy these delicious and convenient pizza-flavored muffins!
- 1.5 cups of flour,
- 1.5 cups of low-fat yogurt,
- 1 egg,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried herbs (optional),
- 1/2 cup of chopped pepperoni,
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese,
- 1/4 cup of tomato sauce
How to Make Light Pepperoni Pizza Muffins
Step 1: Preparations
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Prepare a muffin tin by greasing it with oil or using paper liners.
Step 2: Making the batter
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and dried herbs (if using).
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and yogurt until well combined.
- Add the egg and yogurt mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Add the pepperoni and mozzarella cheese to the batter and gently mix them in.
Step 3: Baking the muffins
- Divide half of the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling them about halfway.
- Spoon about half a teaspoon of tomato sauce onto each muffin, on top of the batter.
- Top with the remaining batter, filling the muffin cups completely.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until the muffins are golden and risen.
- To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin - if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Allow the muffins to cool slightly in the tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 4: Serving
- Serve the pepperoni pizza muffins warm or at room temperature.
- They are great as appetizers for parties or picnics, and can also be a delicious addition to salads or soups.
- Serve with additional tomato sauce or your choice of dipping sauce.
- Garnish with fresh herbs or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Enjoy your light pepperoni pizza muffins!
The nutritional value of pepperoni pizza muffins can vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. However, as a general guideline, here is an approximate nutritional value per serving (one muffin):
- - Calories: around 150-200 kcal
- - Protein: around 7-10 grams
- - Fat: around 5-8 grams
- - Carbohydrates: around 15-20 grams
- - Sugar: around 1-3 grams
- - Fiber: around 1-2 grams
Please note that these values are estimates and may vary based on the recipe and ingredients used. For more accurate nutritional information, it is recommended to use specific recipe details and specialized tools for calculating nutritional values, if it is important for your dietary needs.