Parker House Rolls
Try the delicious and fluffy Parker House Rolls. Detailed instructions will help you bake the perfect rolls!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (one packet) of dry yeast,
- 1/4 cup of warm water (110 degrees F / 45 degrees C),
- 1 cube of sugar,
- 1/2 cup of milk,
- 1/4 cup of butter,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt,
- 1 egg,
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups of flour,
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
2h 30m cooking
Recipe Difficulty: Medium
How to Make Parker House Rolls
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast with warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix the milk, sugar, butter, and salt. Heat until warm but not hot (about 110 degrees F / 45 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast, milk mixture, and egg. Gradually add 3 1/2 cups of flour, stirring constantly. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, but no more than 1/2 cup.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and leave in a warm place for 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into 24 equal parts. Shape each part into a round roll and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover the rolls and let them rise for another 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brush the rolls with melted butter and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Immediately after baking, brush them with butter again.
- Serve warm.
Enjoy your meal!
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Protein: 3 g
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 2 g
Add a review