Strawberry and Wild Strawberry Jam
Prepare the most delicious strawberry and wild strawberry jam with our homemade recipe. It's the perfect treat for winter evenings, which can be served with tea or used in baking. The jam turns out to be delicate, fragrant, and very tasty. Preserve the summer taste of fresh berries all year round!
- Strawberries - 1 kg
- Wild strawberries - 1 kg
- Sugar - 2 kg
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons (optional)
How to Make Strawberry and Wild Strawberry Jam
- Fruit preparation: Select fresh and ripe strawberries and wild strawberries. Clean them from stalks and leaves, then wash thoroughly under running water.
- Sugar syrup preparation: In a large pot, mix the sugar with 1 cup of water. Set on medium heat and cook until the sugar is completely dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Jam cooking: Add the berries to the syrup and simmer on low heat for about 1-1.5 hours, stirring occasionally. If you are using lemon juice, add it 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Jar sterilization: While the jam is cooking, sterilize the jars and lids. This can be done in the oven or on the stove. The jars should be dry and hot before you start filling them with jam.
- Jam pouring into jars: When the jam is ready, carefully pour it into the sterilized jars, leaving a little space at the top. Close with lids and let the jars cool overnight.
- Storage: After cooling, check that the jars are sealed tightly. Store the jam in a cool and dark place. It can be stored for up to a year.
Enjoy your meal!
- Calories: 280 kcal
- Proteins: 0.6 g
- Fats: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
Please note that the nutritional value can vary slightly depending on the serving size and the specific ingredients you use.