Chipotle-Citrus Marinated Chicken Tacos
This recipe for Chipotle-Citrus Marinated Chicken Tacos will surely become your new favorite. Juicy chicken, infused with the flavors of chipotle, orange, and lime, is served on warm tortillas with sliced vegetables. It's the perfect dish for a family dinner or a gathering with friends. Detailed instructions will make it easy for you to prepare this dish at home.
- 4 chicken breasts,
- 2 tablespoons of chipotle in adobo sauce,
- Juice of 2 oranges,
- Juice of 2 limes,
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced,
- 1 teaspoon of honey,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas,
- Sliced vegetables for serving (e.g., avocado, onion, tomatoes, cilantro)
How to Make Chipotle-Citrus Marinated Chicken Tacos
- Prepare the marinade: In a bowl, mix together the chipotle in adobo sauce, orange juice, lime juice, minced garlic, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the chicken: Place the chicken breasts in the marinade, making sure they are fully coated. Cover the bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Cook the chicken: Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken (reserving the remaining marinade) and cook each side for about 7-10 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
- Prepare the tortillas: While the chicken is cooking, prepare your tortillas by warming them over an open flame or in the microwave.
- Assemble the tacos: When the chicken is done, slice it into thin strips. Layer the chicken onto the tortillas and add the sliced vegetables. If you like, you can drizzle a bit of the remaining marinade on top.
- Serve: Serve the tacos hot and enjoy!
- Calories: 450 kcal
- Protein: 35 g
- Fat: 20 g (of which Saturated: 4 g)
- Carbohydrates: 30 g (of which Sugars: 5 g)
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 800 mg